setup issue

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

After setup, I check the path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MySemanticSearch" ,there are not any files in it.

sql server: 2012 rtm

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM

When I try to setup via service using task\setup.exx, it always displays the installation incomplete,please try again.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Only difference for the prerequisites is Silverlight 5.

Developer
Apr 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi incognito007,

Could you describe which steps of the installation fails? Also, please double-check the prerequisites section, specially the IIS 7 section. What you describe is likely to be an error with the installation of the RIA service.

Please, let us know if you find the issue, or if you can provide us with any other information on the error, in order to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards,
---
Daniel Altamirano

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Hi Daniel,

Thank your reply.

It seems like the success of the installation fully,there are no any failure during setup process, a shortcut icon on the desktop screen. When I click it, it can not connect server.

After setup, I check the path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MySemanticSearch" ,there are not any files in it,except a folder.

When I try to setup via service using task\setup.exx, it always displays the installation incomplete,please try again.

I check the prerequisites section, only different from its is Silverlight 5, and IIS 7 section is the same as the prerequisites.

Developer
Apr 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Hi incognito007,

The following URL works as a test to see if the RIA service is working or not. It probably won't work for you, since you mention the folder in IIS is empty:

http://localhost:7777/MySemanticSearch/MySemanticSearch-Web-DataAccess-SqlServerManagement.svc

Since you mention all prerequisites have been met, and the only difference is SL, can you please try and install the SilverLight 4 SDK? In Control Panel > Programs and Features, you should then see afterwards (this is what I have in my box, and it's working):

• Microsoft Silverlight. Version 5.0.61118.0
  • Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK. Version 4.0.50826.0

After installing that, try installing MSS once again. When installing the RIA service, it should take about 10 seconds or so. If the installer for the RIA service ends in just a couple of seconds, and you find the MSS folder in IIS empty again, there's likely a problem with the configuration for IIS.

Let me know if this works.

Best regards,
---
Daniel Altamirano

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hi Daniel,

I have:

• Microsoft Silverlight. Version 5.0.61118.0
  • Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK. Version 4.0.60310.0

I just run setup again, same issue as I mention in the above. During installing process, there are some problems which displays in red font on the Command Window, then the Command Window and Setup Window disappear. It is so quick that I can not capture the erroe information.When I run task\setup.exe, it says that " intallation incomplete, the installer are interrupted before RIA services are installed you need to restart the installer to try to setup again.

• Developer
    Apr 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Hi incognito,

Do you have Administrator privileges on that box where you're installing MSS? The C:\MySemanticSearch\Setup.cmd file should be executed as an Administrator.

Can you please try removing and adding the IIS role? This worked for another user. Once everything's reinstalled, it should look like this:

Please, let us know if this works, so we can get this going on your side.

Best regards,
    ---
    Daniel Altamirano