MySemanticSearch Installation

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Hi,

I also have a general question about the installation. I downloaded and installed the mysemanticsearch:  when I try to create FileTables it gives me this error message: "Error creating FullTextCatalog." I followed the instructions line-by-line from http://mysemanticsearch.codeplex.com/

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Sina

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Hi Sina, please check the prerequisites, especially those relating to full text search.  Ping us back if you are still having issues.

Developer
Apr 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Hi Sina,

We are still working to reproduce this issue in our environment, but here are some pointers that may help you troubleshoot it.

Please, let us know if something here helps you solve the issue, or if you still need further assistance.

• Check the permissions for the user that is running MySemanticSearch. What works for us is that the user is a sysadmin.
  • Also, we have configured that user to be db_owner of the database, but with the previous configuration as sysadmin, it’s sufficient.
  • In order to test MSS with a different database than the one you’re using right now, and rule out any possible misconfiguration there, please run the following script in SQL Server Management Studio. After that, try to create the FileTable in the SQLServerArticles database, using MySemanticSearch once again.

execute sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1 ;
    GO
    reconfigure
    GO
    execute sp_configure 'xp_cmdshell', 1
    GO
    reconfigure
    GO
    EXECUTE xp_cmdshell 'md C:\SQLServerArticles', no_output
    GO
    create database SQLServerArticles on primary (name = SQLServerArticles_File, filename = N'C:\SQLServerArticles\SQLServerArticles_File.mdf'), filegroup SQLStorage contains filestream (name = SQLServerArticles_FS_File, filename = N'C:\SQLServerArticles\SQLServerArticles_FS') with filestream (non_transacted_access = full, directory_name = N'SQLServer Articles')
    GO
  • Double-check that the Microsoft Semantic Language Database is installed and registered as a Semantic Database. Once attached, you can register it with the following command:

EXEC sp_fulltext_semantic_register_language_statistics_db 'semanticsdb'

Best regards
---
Daniel Altamirano

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your response with the helpful pointers..I followed it but unfortunately got the same error as before.  Here is another thing that may help to figure out the problem: When I go to the "Storage" under the "SQLServerArticles" database and right click on  "Full Text Catalog"  and choose "New Full-Text Catalog" to create a catalog we get this error message "Full-text is not supported on this edition of SQL Server. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)"!! I am puzzled now since we have installed the SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU and installed/attached and registered  "SemanticLanguageDatabase"  as instructed in the prerequisites page. ..many thanks for all your help!

Regards

Sina

Developer
Apr 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hi Sina,

Sounds like you may be missing some component of SQL Server 2012, or perhaps you have an older version that's related to SQL Server 2008. Did you have SQL Server 2008 installed on that box previously?

Here you can see what I have installed on my box. Can you check you have the same versions, or upgraded ones? Particularly, check the version of SQL Server Management Objects, highlighted below.

Please, let me know how that goes, so we can get this working on your side.

Best regards
---
Daniel Altamirano

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Edited Apr 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Hi Daniel,

I took snapshot of the installed programs on my box and emailed it to mysemanticsearch@discussions.codeplex.com

Please let me know if you did not receive it..

Again many thanks for helping out

Sina

Developer
Apr 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Looks like it got lost, I didn't receive it.

Can you please resend it to daniel.altamirano@southworks.net?

Thanks!
---
Daniel Altamirano

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

sure just did

thanks

sina

Developer
Apr 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Just to close this discussion, after following up this issue through e-mail, we found a workaround to make MSS work by creating a database with a filetable, using the following script.

USE SQLServerArticles
GO
CREATE TABLE MyDocumentStore AS FileTable
WITH
(
          FileTable_Directory = 'MyDocumentStore',
          FileTable_Collate_Filename = database_default
);
GO
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'load_os_resources',1
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts'
CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG ft AS DEFAULT
GO
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX DocumentsFt ON SQLServerArticles.. MyDocumentStore(stream_id)
GO
CREATE SEARCH PROPERTY LIST DocumentProperties;
GO
ALTER SEARCH PROPERTY LIST DocumentProperties
   ADD 'Title'
   WITH ( PROPERTY_SET_GUID = 'F29F85E0-4FF9-1068-AB91-08002B27B3D9', PROPERTY_INT_ID = 2,
      PROPERTY_DESCRIPTION = 'System.Title - Title of the item.');
    ADD 'Author'
   WITH ( PROPERTY_SET_GUID = 'F29F85E0-4FF9-1068-AB91-08002B27B3D9', PROPERTY_INT_ID = 4,
      PROPERTY_DESCRIPTION = 'System.Author - Author or authors of the item.');
    ADD 'Tags'
   WITH ( PROPERTY_SET_GUID = 'F29F85E0-4FF9-1068-AB91-08002B27B3D9', PROPERTY_INT_ID = 5,
      PROPERTY_DESCRIPTION = 'System.Keywords - Keywords (Tags) of the item.');
GO
CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON SQLServerArticles.. MyDocumentStore
    (file_stream TYPE COLUMN file_type LANGUAGE 1033 statistical_semantics)
    KEY INDEX DocumentsFt ON ft
    WITH SEARCH PROPERTY LIST = DocumentProperties
GO

After running the script, MSS worked fine. What this script does is actually part of what MSS does when creating a FileTable through the UI.

Best regards,
---
Daniel Altamirano

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thank you for all your help Daniel.

regards

Sina